St. Peter’s C of E Primary School
Agreement for the acceptable use of the internet, e-mails and computers
At St. Peter’s C of E Primary School, we understand the importance and benefits of using computers to help with children’s learning and personal development. However, we also recognise that safeguards need to be in place to ensure children are kept safe at all times.
Please could parents/carers read and discuss this policy with their child and then sign one copy and return to Mrs Reeson, and keep the other one for reference.
- I will only use IT in school for school purposes.
- I will only use any class e-mail address or any school e-mail address of my own when e-mailing.
- I will only open e-mail attachments from people I know, or who my teacher has approved.
- I will not tell other people my password.
- I will only open my own files.
- I will make sure that all IT contact with other children and adults is responsible, polite and sensible.
- I will not send anyone material that could be considered threatening, bullying, offensive or illegal.
- I will not deliberately look for, save or send anything that could be unpleasant or nasty. If I accidentally find anything like this I will tell my teacher immediately.
- I will not give out my own details such as my name, phone number or home address.
- I will not arrange to meet someone unless this is part of a school project approved by my teacher and a responsible adult comes with me.
- I will be responsible for my behaviour when using IT because I know that these rules are to keep me safe.
- I will support the school approach to online safety and not deliberately upload or add any images, video, sounds or text that could upset any member of the school community.
- I know that my use of IT can be checked and that my parent/ carer contacted if a member of school staff is concerned about my e-safety.
Parent and child’s signatures:
We have discussed this policy and ___________________________ (child’s name) agrees to support the safe use of IT at St. Peter’s C of E Primary School.
Parent/ Carer’s Signature: