School Uniform Policy
St. Peter's CofE Primary & Nursery School suggests that all pupils wear the school uniform to ensure equality. No child should be singled out for having 'better' or 'worse' clothes than another, and the wearing of a school uniform ensures this.
Our school uniform comprises of the following:
- Navy blue sweatshirt or cardigan. Please note that plain navy blue jumpers, sweatshirts or cardigans are perfectly acceptable. Clothing with the school local is available from Uniform Direct in Gainsborough.
- White polo shirt, formal long or short sleeve shirt or blouse
- Grey trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore dress
- Shoes should be in a black, flat style for both boys and girls. Please do not send your child to school in trainers.
- Socks or tights should be white, grey, blue or black.
- In summer, blue and white gingham dresses may be worn.
- Hair bands, grips and bobbles should be plain in school colours please - white and/or navy blue.
- No jewellery should be worn in school. In the case of pierced ears, ear-rings should be studs. These must be removed by your child for P.E. and swimming for reasons of health and safety. Members of the school staff are not allowed to remove or replace ear-rings.
- Nail varnish should not be worn in school.
- It is requested that haircuts and styles be appropriate for school. Please could children refrain from having their hair dyed unnatural colours or shaved into patterns.
For P.E., children require:
- Navy blue polo shirt. Clothing with the school logo on can be purchased from Uniform Direct in Gainsborough.
- Navy blue shorts
- Blue tracksuits may be worn for outdoor P.E. lessons during cooler weather.
For swimming lessons, children require:
- Swimming trunks (not shorts) for boys
- One-piece swimming costume (no bikinis) for girls
Please ensure that all P.E. and swimming kit is sent into school in a named bag.
St. Peter's school uniform is available from Uniform Direct in Gainsborough.
Their address is: 9, Market Place, Gainsborough DN21 2BL
Phone number: 01427 616105
Sweatshirts from £6.99
Cardigans from £8.99
Polo shirts from £4.99
Please label clothing such as shirts, dresses, trousers, jumpers etc as this makes items items so much easier to return to their owner.
Please find details of a clothing label supplier below: